Monday, July 13, 2009

Friday, June 19, Melk, a cruise down the Danube, Durnstein

Friday was a fantastic and leisurely day. The perfect day to follow Thursday's craziness. After a huge buffet breakfast in the hotel, we boarded our coaches and headed off to Melk. (The breakfast was so good I actually thought I had been sent to the wrong room, and I ate off my plate as I walked around the buffet, afraid that if I sat I would get caught! Hilarious!!!)
The abbey in Melk is amazing, and we were given permission to sing an informal recital in the sanctuary. Every day was an opportunity to sing in a more and more unbelievably beautiful place.

The choir singing Bruckner's Locus Iste in the Melk Abbey.

After the performance, we went in to the town of Melk for lunch. I love the kids having a chance to experience a small European town. After lunch we took a wonderful boat down the Danube, and had dinner in the very small town of Durnstein. It was raining like mad, but we all managed to enjoy it a lot.











No comments:

Post a Comment